Monday, May 25, 2009

On our 8th month anniversary Jared and I decided to go to the place where we got engaged-Little Cottonwood Canyon on June 6th 2008. I thought that getting engaged was supposed to be a romantic affair but it actually was one of the funniest nights. I picked Jared up from the airport(He was in Kansas for the summer and I was in Utah) and we went to eat at Bajio's, one of Jared's favortie places. Well then we were going to see a movie but still had a lot of time to kill so we went on a drive up the canyon. It was great because it was sunset time, but there was no where to go except for on the side of some random persons yard. So that's where we sat! On a rock. Romantic huh?
Jared was not planning on proposing but decided that this was as romantic as he wanted to get (Just kidding- apparently he had it planned to do it the next day, but learned that the weather was going to be bad). So, we were sitting watching the sunset and then I realized it was time to make our way back down so we could catch the movie. As I stood up, he tugged on my hand and I spun around to find him on the ground on one knee. I was a little shocked because the night seemed so unplanned. Not the fairy tale engagement story I had thought of since I was a little girl. But it was even better! Of course he was sweet and said all the cutest things. Then, he opened the box to pull out the ring. But it was gone. Jared was in a panic. He even went as far as accusing the cleaning lady of stealing it. Ridiculous. I thought that this was some practical joke so I was laughing while he was frantic. But I soon realized he was serious. He looked up at me and said, "Someone stole your ring!" He was ticked! I have never seen Jared so mad and he was proposing. Ironic right? So we both got down on the ground and searched for it. After a minute I saw him pick up something shiny. He then got back down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. We both started laughing about what just happened. How could I resist??? I knew he would make me laugh for the rest of my life. As we drove back to Provo, he decided to put his feet up on my dashboard and turned off the car in the process while we were going 75 on I-15. What a legend.

So here is a renactment of Jared being furious because he couldn't find my ring.
The lovely rock and side yard of someone who has no clue what happened there

I love my husband!



3 comments:

  1. Haha wow this is like my FAVORITE story ever!!!! Haha love you two and so excited you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I am glad you posted the anniversary so I could get the full effect of the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is TOO funny, haha.

    ReplyDelete